We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Alpha Male Challenge: The 10-Week Plan to Burn Fat, Gain Muscle Build True Alpha Attitude is a guide that will help men to become more successful in every aspect of their lives by reclaiming their masculine edge.
James Villepigue, a certified personal trainer and best-selling author of the Body Sculpting Bible series, and Rick Collins, a certified personal trainer and former competitive bodybuilder, are the creators of this program.
It is based on what the authors have learned through their many years of experience, in combination with insights from some of the top experts in exercise physiology, sports nutrition and psychology.
The authors say that a true Alpha Male is not a tough guy or bully but a gentleman with confidence and modern enlightenment. They state, “When you really think about it, shouldn’t every man’s goal be not only to look more heroic, but also to be more heroic?”
The Alpha Male Challenge will not only help men to reshape their physical bodies and improve their health but will also support positive changes in attitude that will lead to greater success in other areas of life including careers and relationships.
Alpha Male Diet Basics
The program involves three components: diet, exercise and attitude.
The dietary aspect of the program, which is described as the Alpha Fuel Solution, is basically a Paleo style diet that has been adjusted in accordance with cutting edge research. In general terms it is a high protein, high fiber, moderate carbohydrate diet that can be adapted to support both maximum fat loss and muscle gain.
Once a week men are permitted a feast meal, where they are rewarded for their Alpha male discipline, and can eat ‘like a mere mortal man’.
The Alpha Male includes the MaleScale assessment questionnaire that is used to evaluate the physical and mental attributes that define a true Alpha Male. Men are then instructed in how to develop the Four C’s of Alpha Attitude: commitment, confidence, courage, and conscience.
Fruit, vegetables, eggs, chicken, fish, shrimp, buffalo, beef, almonds, walnuts, beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, tortillas, olive oil.
Sample Diet Plan
½ cup dried cranberries
8 oz salmon
Manly meat loaf
Smoothie made with two scoops protein powder and one banana
The exercise regime outlined in the Alpha Male Challenge is called the Alpha Wave Basic Training program and is designed to help men build muscle, increase endurance, maximize strength, boost explosive power and increase testosterone production. The workouts are suitable for beginners but will also be challenging enough for intermediate and advanced exercisers.
The workouts involve a combination of cardiovascular activities, such as boxing or basketball, and strength training exercises. Each workout is different, to constantly challenge your muscles and keep things interesting.
Costs and Expenses
Alpha Male Challenge: The 10-Week Plan to Burn Fat, Gain Muscle Build True Alpha Attitude retails at $26.99.
It may also be necessary to invest in gym membership or to purchase home fitness equipment.
- Includes a detailed workout plan targeted towards men.
- A lot of variety in the workouts will help to keep things interesting.
- Men will relate to the motivational writing style.
- Promotes confidence as health and fitness increase.
- Recipes designed to suit male appetites.
- Provides information useful to both men and women.
- Necessary to go to the gym or purchase home exercise equipment.
- May require more time for food preparation.
Requires Some Hard Work
The Alpha Male Challenge is designed to help men to transform their body and attitude to release their inner alpha male.
The ten-week challenge addresses diet, fitness and psychological factors that will facilitate an increase in testosterone levels and support men to gain confidence in every area of their lives.
By Mizpah Matus B.Hlth.Sc(Hons)
- Hill, P. B., Wynder, E. L. (1979). Effect of a vegetarian diet and dexamethasone on plasma prolactin, testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone in men and women. Cancer letters, 7(5), 273-282. link
- Costill, D. L., Wilmore, J. H., Kenney, W. (2012). Physiology of sport and exercise. Physiology Of Sport And Exercise-9780736094092-66, 78. link
- Bentzinger, C. F., Wang, Y. X., Rudnicki, M. A. Building muscle: molecular regulation of myogenesis. Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in biology, 4(2), a008342. link
Last Reviewed: January 14, 2018